Hello, I know my dr.'s office will call but I
Hc1a test 6.2
C peptide 6.06
Just insulin resistance?
The results are related to insulin resistance, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
An A1C level of 6.2 percent is related to pre-diabetes.
The C peptide test is done to find out whether you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
The level of C peptide in your results is high.
So this results is related to insulin resistance.
The level of insulin is higher than normal.
So, your results are related to insulin resistance as you mentioned in the query.
I recommend taking medications such as Metformin.
It is a prescription medication, so you should consult your doctor before taking it.
I suggest a healthy diet low in calories and rich in fibers.
I also suggest to exercise and avoid consumption of alcohol or smoking.
I also recommend to maintain the cholesterol level under control through regular checkups.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?