Hello! I just had routine blood work done and saw

Excellent

Question
Hello! I just had routine blood work done and saw the results, which I'm attaching, on the portal from the lab. I visit my doctor next week to review them, but would appreciate if you can take a look. I see that my total cholesterol, LDL and non-HDL are a bit high, which I presume I can lower through diet and exercise. I also saw my carbon dioxide was high at 33...is that anything to be concerned about? I had the flu and subsequent bronchitis for three weeks prior to the bloodwork.

I also have a question about a small tan/light brown spot I noticed on the back of my thigh, of which I'm attaching images....it's located in the middle of the picture. I seem to remember it being there unchanged for quite some time, it's flat and smooth and about one quarter of an inch. I probably take it to the extreme doing self skin checks every few months, but I just wanted to see if you can take a look to see if it's anything concerning (I tend to stress out over skin stuff!) Thank you so much for your time!!

Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not concerning

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns.. The elevated carbon dioxide level is probably due to partial airway blockage caused by the flu , this leads to decreased carbon dioxide exhaled leading to incarese its level in blood.. This will require only a follow up testing after a month..
The brown spot is not a worrying one, it is probably. benign nevus, but follow up on it and if it becomes bigger , bleeds or becomes with raised edges then you should seek medical attention as soon as possible..
For lowering cholesterol levels you are right , excersicing half an hour daily even by simple walking is important to lower cholesterol levels.. Also healthy dieting by avoiding saturated fats and increasing fiber content as XXXXXXX , whole wheat products, fruits and vegetables will also help. try to decrease consumption of red meat and replace with fish three times per week . I hope you find this helpful.. if your don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion..

Follow-up: Hello! I just had routine blood work done and saw 52 minutes later
Hi Dr. Shoman! Just wanted to thank you so very much for your informative and reassuring response! It truly makes a huge difference to be able to obtain additional information and answers here - please know that your work in this forum is truly appreciated! Thank you again!

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am... Hello again.. you are welcome and I has been a pleasure helping you...

May you always be in good health...

Kind regards