Hello, I have lost hearing in right ear 80-90 %
Hello and welcome,
What you are describing may be due to a middle ear infection, or Meniere's disease. Rarely, it can be caused by ear wax impaction.
Meniere's is a problem with the inner ear and the symptoms are vertigo (the room spins), hearing loss, and tinnitus (noises heard from inside the ear). There are treatments for dealing with the symptoms, including steroids.
But the only way to sort out what is going on is for you to go in to be seen by a doctor in person so that he/she can put an otoscope in your ear and have a look. With an otoscope, we can see if there is an infection (which can be treated with antibiotics if it is bad) and ear wax impaction (which can be treated with cerumen softeners and irrigation). We cannot see Meniere's by looking into the ear, but if these other things are ruled out, then Meniere's is a likely cause.
So -please go in and be seen.
I hope this information helps, and please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis