Hello. I have inadvertently left a tampax in for 2
No need to worry.
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. The most biggest thing we worry about with a retained tampon is an infection called toxic shock syndrome. Now that the tampon is out, the risk of getting now is small, and as long as you don't have any symptoms such as high fever, muscle aches, vomiting, diarrhea, or rash on your palms and soles of your feet, it should be safe to wait until the morning to go back to the urgent care. It sounds like you do still have an infection, but not one that would be urgent as the one I described.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions or anything else you are concerned about, I would be glad to help further any way that I can.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining