Hello, I have been having issues for the past 8-9

ENT Specialist
Question
I have been having issues for the past 8-9 days with the feeling of something stuck in my throat only on the right side, about half way down. I have gone to my local GP which thinks it might be an infection of my throat as I have had a slight cold (Runny nose and chesty cough). He has put me on Cephalexin 500mg 3 x a day for 7 days (Currently on my 3rd day of taking them). I have a sore neck (mainly due to sitting for extended periods/slouching and carrying daughter on that side). I also have a sore clavicle/collarbone on the same side near the centre/throat/head which is slightly bigger then my left side. The GP had a feel around and could not feel any lumps etc. He also felt the rest of my neck and under my arms and groin with no prominent lumps. Have some phlegm, voice is fine with no change.
I have been feeling my throat my self and have felt a small raised lump (Approx the size of a grain of rice) on my right side also near/on my thyroid. It feels to be proud sitting and small and pretty deep into my throat. Have had full bloods done approx. 6 months ago and everything was fine, nothing abnormal. No night sweats, not loosing weight etc. I have been booked in for a CT scan in a couple of days. Just want to know what it could be, if I should worry. What is that small lump (Possible lymph gland etc). And is there anything I can do to help fix the issue.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Foreign body sensation in the throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The feeling of something stuck in the throat can be due to chronic post nasal drip caused by nasal congestion or throat infection or gastric acid reflux disease etc.
Any malignancy is usually associated with complaints of difficulty in swallowling or weigt loss or loss of appetite or big lumps in the neck.
The lump you are saying is probably a lymph node and is normal as is very small.
Please tell me do you have any history of regurgitation?
Any history of constipation?
Any history of indigestion?
Any history of smoking or tobacco use?
It would be better if you can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better.
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Hello, I have been having issues for the past 8-9 4 hours later
Thank you for the reply.
I don't really have many instances of regurgitation, but sometime I do burp up food. I have tried taking Mylanta/Antacid to try and calm any reflux with no success. (Once a day, about lunch time)

No real history of constipation or indigestion etc. Non smoker and rare alcohol drinker. I do drink a fair bit of coffee (Approx 3 cups a day).

This all started after the back end of a cold/flu which was mainly a cough and runny nose. Nose is starting to get better. I don't have a fever or anything like that.

But I still have a tight chest. Especially if I take in a really deep breath.

The restriction feels like it is approx. half way down my throat on the right hand side. In the mornings when I wake up I can barely notice it but as the day it gets worse due to maybe eating/drinking/swallowing etc.

I do have sore neck muscles on the same side of my neck, which I'm not to sure is also adding to the pain. Also, when I tilt my head down so my chin is going to touch my chest, I get a cramp under my tongue.

You can see the attached photos, where my finger tip is, is where the small lump/lymph node is located.

The constant "Something stuck" feeling is around that area.

I wont get the CT done for another 3 days and then wait for the results.

Can you provide me information on what it could be and possible ways or over the counter medicine I could try use in the interim. I do get anxiety and am thinking the worst that it could be throat/thyroid cancer etc.

Any information would be great and any reference material.

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Gastroesophageal reflux disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
From the complaints it seems to be gastric acid reflux disease only.
The symptoms doesn't seem to be suggestive of malignancy at all.
You should take an antacid like pantoprazole once daily and take tablet vitamin c once daily

Avoid any spicy food and aerated drinks.
In case of doubt it would be better to get an endoscopic examination of the throat done.

Drink plenty of water.
Thanks and regards