Hello. I have a swollen eyelid and I have had

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello. I have a swollen eyelid and I have had headaches 24/7 since Tuesday night/Wednesday. I also have painful hive like bumps on my scalp and especially the eyebrow above the eye in question. I have a little bit of discomfort in my throat, but nothing major.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Multiple problems. Please upload images.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concern. It seems that you are suffering from a viral infection. However, I would insist you to upload an image of the bumps on your scalp and eyebrow, as well as that of the swollen eyelid. The swelling of the eyelid could be due to a blocked gland and I would be able to comment definitely after checking the image.

Gurgle with lukewarm water. I would await your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 10 hours later
Thanks Dr. Saha. I wasn't quite sure how this website worked for the answer, but I just checked your response. I was, however, able to get into my personal Dr. and he confirmed my suspicions. I have Shingles. He has me taking Valtrex 3times a day for 21 days.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please go ahead with the treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Valtrex (valacyclovir) is an antiviral medication used to treat Shingles infection. Your doctor has done the right thing. Please go ahead with the treatment.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 minutes later
Thank You, Sir!
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to ask me back in case of further queries