Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hello, I have a growth or something that has made

Answered by
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 2303 Questions

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2019 in Lump
Question: Hello, I have
a growth or something that has made my penus uncomfortable. I have noticed it about about a month ago. In my examination at a full erection the growth makes my erection take a right turn. Also it is mildly uncomfortable. Just wondering if it is something I need to have looked at. It seems to be a mid ship of the shaft. Also it is about the size of a quarter. More flat then round. Thank you for any information you may be able to provide. This problem is something that may be very difficult for a man to discuss with a professional, would be very nice to know how to proceed.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consult a Urologist.

Detailed Answer:
Cancer of the Penis usually starts from the Tip (Glans) or Foreskin (Prepuce) .Then,it extends to the Shaft
As per your description,there is.some problem in the Shaft.
It doesn't look like Cancer.
So,it has to be examined clinically by a Urologist or General Surgeon.
It could be a simple inflammatory lesion
Slight Curve towards one side is normal in many individuals
But, you should consult your doctor and proceed further.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on