Hello! I had been diagnosed with Costochondritis about 2-3 weeks
Do an MRI.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
There are not any special tests for costochondritis but your doctor should have performed you ECG, or heart ultrasound, x-ray or MRI or CT scan to check for heart and lungs problems.
The pain of costochondritis can be similar to heart attack or lung problems or even stomach pain.
The spitting up blood is not related to costochondritis. It can be related to lung disease.
I can recommend you to do an MRI to check for lung issues.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.