Hello, I am writing for my husband. he has been
Colonoscopy is important, below are some advises to help with the symptoms while waiting for the test
Colonoscopy is a very important examination to evaluate the bowel so it is good he is going to have one in a couple of months.
The fact that ultrasound and x-ray examination are normal rule out gallbladder problems and lung issues.
While he is waiting for his tests I would recommend him:
- movicol 2 sachets a day to help with constipation
- plenty of fruit and vegetables especially prunes and pears to get lots of fiber
- for the vomiting metoclopramide might be tried (this is generally a prescription medication)
- avoid fatty, acidic food
- omeprazole can be tried as well to help with vomiting and the bloating feeling.
I hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?