Hello, I am taking 60 mg of Latuda twice a

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 22 Mar 2019 in Mental Health
Question: Hello, I am taking 60 mg of Latuda twice a day for schizoaffective disorder, 100 mg of Luvox once a day for anxiety and ocd, 5 mg of propranolol twice a day for tachycardia, and 150 mg of trileptal once a day for mood stabilization. Latuda and trileptal decrease the levels of each other and I can feel the effects of the medication decreasing in my body. Will I have withdrawal from the levels decreasing? Because if I get withdrawal, I will have to take more of the medication which will lead to the levels being decreased even further so I will have to take even more so it will be a cycle. Will this happen or is it safe to take the two medications together? I'm taking a large dose of Latuda.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes its safe to take the medicines together.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service

I can understand your concern. The effect Trileptal causes to the levels of Latuda will be almost insignificant at this dose. You will not have any risk of withdrawal. If you are stable now no need to change the dose of any drugs you are taking. Just remain relaxed.

Its safe to take two medicines together.

Thanks

Please let me know if you need more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T