Hello, I am taking 40 mg of geodon twice a
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on Ask a Doctor service!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain there is no interaction between Geodon, Lovox and propranolol.
So, it is OK to take them concomitantly.
The only possible interaction is between Geodon and Luvox, which may increase each other plasma levels and cause possible QT interval prolongation on the ECG.
That is why it is necessary follow up with resting ECG every 6 months.
Regarding propranolol, it is OK to take 5mg in case of tachycardia every now and then. If it is not taken regularly, it does not cause rebound tachycardia or any other withdrawal symptoms.
Besides this is such a low dose of propranolol, that it's effects and adverse effects are insignificant.
You should also know that propranolol can help against anxiety, so it can help also against tachycardia during a panic attack.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?