Hello, I am taking 40 mg of geodon twice a
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome on Ask a Doctor service!
I've gone through your question and would explain that the high heart rate that you are experiencing could be related to the adverse effects of the drugs that you are taking.
You should know that there are some potential interactions between the drugs that you are taking currently:
1- Atarax can increase geodon toxicity by increasing QTc, thus increasing the risk of tachycardia and severe cardiac arrhythmia.
2- Luvox may increase the circulating levels of Geodon by slowing its metabolism in the liver, thus leading to increased risk for tachycardia.
For this reason, I would recommend discussing with your attending physician on the possibility of reducing Geodon dose, in order to reduce its adverse effects related to the above mentioned possible interactions.
It is also important periodical follow up with ECG every 3 months in order to investigate for possible QTc prolongation and performing some tests to investigate for possible metabolic causes of tachycardia:
- complete blood count for anaemia
- blood electrolytes for possible imbalances
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid dysfunction.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Wishing good health,
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?