Hello, I am hoping that you can help me better
1. ARE LOOPS A NORMAL PART OF THE SMALL AND LARGE BOWEL?
2. IS THE CALCIFICATION REFERRING TO NORMAL CALCIUM LEVELS IN MY BOWELS?
3. IS THE thoracolumbar spondylosis REFERRING TO NORMAL CHANGES SUCH AS ARTHRITIS?
4. MY SERUM FOLATE LEVEL WAS 21.9 - IS THAT NORMAL FOR A 64 YEAR OLD MALE
5. DO YOU SEE ANYTHING OF CONCERN IN THE BELOW.
"Two AP supine views of the abdomen were submitted for interpretation. Scattered gas is seen throughout loops of large and small bowel. Moderate amount feces throughout the colon. No evidence of obstruction. No radiopaque foreign body identified. Moderate vascular calcification. Moderate thoracolumbar spondylosis."
The report looks physiological.
The report shows normal and physiological changes only.
I will clarify point by point:
1. Loops are the term used to describe Small bowel and large bowel.
2. Calcification is not related to calcium levels. It is the change that is seen in a blood vessel after a certain age. It is physiological, not a disease.
3. Thoracolumbar spondylosis is also routinely seen after a certain age. If you are having severe low back pain over the spine, you should take MRI Scan and.proceed further.
4. Serum folate is also normal
5. Everything (apart from Spondylosis) looks normal.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...