Hello, I am currently experiencing penis pain (or at least

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 2 Mar 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello, I am currently experiencing penis pain (or at least I think I am) I'm honestly not too sure if it's psychological pain manifesting itself or not due to when I feel any type of pain down there I focus completely on it and then the pain starts to show itself more, the pain is a sort of pressure on the shaft, occasionally I will get a needle pain in my urethra but it's not very common A bit of background info: I am a physically fit 22 year old male, I smoke and drink around 3-4 days a week with a maybe 3-4 beers when I do drink. I have been sexually active with 9 partners using a condom for 3 of them. I have never had a lesion or any type of discharge from my penis and nothing really out of the ordinary that would indicate an STI. I haven't had any sexual encounters in the past 6 months and have had no symptoms other than this pain that I tend to focus on. The last girl I was with I did have sex with while she had a yeast infection which was 6 months or so ago, which in turn made it burn to pee and I figured it was a UTI, I was already prescribed keflex by my doctor for back acne and had about a weeks worth left and took that to try and fight off the UTI which the burning pee sensation stopped and went away. I am currently waiting on results for HIV, gonorrhea, syphilis, and clamydia because I felt like it was time for a checkup (my first) but I'm very stumped on this pain, it's not debilitating in any way but more of an uncomfortable inconvenience. I do not feel any type of pain during erections, urinating, or masturbating, also no foul smelling urine. It kind of comes in waves, should I be worried or am I overthinking the pain? Thank you for your time
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably Psychological.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history well and understood your concerns.

From the detailed history that you have given this looks to be psychological pain as you have no sexual encounter for the last 6 months. This sort of pain may indicate the normal need and since you have mentioned about your focus on the pain.
The pain is not specific and does not occur on any activity like masturbation or during erection or so.
Well, let us wait for the lab reports. Please post the reports and give any further details.
Also go for Urine tests: Routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity.
Please post reports once available.

Awaiting for reports.