Hello, I always feel like the people I talk to

Dr. K. V. Anand

Psychologist

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2019 in Relationship
Question: Hello, I always feel like the people I talk to are bragging. Like my roommate in the hospital said that she's good at sports and a good cook. And the nurse said he was too tall when he was drawing blood from me like he was bragging about being tall. And one lady said that people are jealous of her. And people will say they have a lot of friends right after I say that I don't have many friends or say good things about themselves right after I say something bad about myself. And the people I talk to always say that they are right in the situation and they are not at fault. And another girl said she's a good dancer and another said she's beautiful. Can you please tell me why all the people I talk to brag?
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep self esteem high

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX You are right. Many people brag because it helps keeping their self esteem and thereby self confidence high.

Now a days, corporate training is so given as to keep the self esteem and self confidence high.

Moreover even majority of psychologists do advice so.

In competitive word self esteem and self confidence should be kept high.

I suggest you too to behave so.

No need to brag. Just make sure to be proud of what you have and make sure you talk keeping your self esteem high.

It helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy