Hello Dr. Kakkar S. I have a sinus tract skin

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Dr. Kakkar S.
I have a sinus tract skin condition in my left groin. i saw a general surgeon consultant a month and half ago and he conducted the surgery on me. he made excision of the skin with primary closure...he mentioned that he removed all sinus tracts and damaged tissue...after two weeks when he removed the stitches and it looked inflamed and then slowly started to heal because i was applying betadine cream everyday...after another two weeks i had to travel and when i reached my destination i can tell that my problem would come back because the skin was inflamed and i can see some skin areas about to pop because of blood being trapped...and it did unfortunately...even some days ago some of the wound opened with pus coming out....it feels like my problem was never really fixed and more areas now around seem fragile...please find attached picture right after stitches removed and another after my trip..in summary i notice my problem always gets worse when i run in the gym or fly on a airplane maybe due to pressure or increase of blood flow which needs to exit my skin due to bad tunnels under it...i saw my general surgeon lately and prescribed Avalox antibiotics with Repavar cream. some holes healed and closed up and other areas opened up a bit. i want to get your opinion on what you think is wrong....he is somehow confident that this is Hidradenitis Suppurativa but does it usually happen like that? i attached also the lab report of the removed skin tissue. thank you
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 5 minutes later
pic: 0000 : after stitches removed
pic: 0000 : after my plane landed in a day
pic: 0000 : a week back
pic: 0000 : recent. after applying cream and antibiotics. but still white stuff comes out from top opening.

my doctor applied stitches after surgery, so he mentioned some areas in skin are still weak and need time for repair.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hidradenitis suppurativa is a possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service.
I have read your query and viewed the image.

Hidradenitis suppurativa is definitely a possibility. It usually presents like recurring boils with scaring and sinus tract formation at sites like groin, axilla. Treatment options are oral antibiotics, oral Isotretinoin and recently biological like adalimumab.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj