Hello Dr, Can a patient with type 1 diabetes and
About diabetes and life expectancy;
Hello and thank you for asking!
A patient with a single kidney has a life expectancy as a normal patient, while the life expectancy of a patient with type 1 Diabetes depends a lot on his/her ability to keep normal blood sugar and on the age when she/he is diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes.
If a patient with type 1 Diabetes (with insulin pump or multiple insulin injections per day) maintains Hba1c under 7%, his life expectancy is not affected by Diabetes. But if blood sugar prtsists high for many years, chronic complications may get installed within 5-10 years.
So, life exctancy is individual i would say
Only try to keep normal blood sugars.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?