question-icon

Hello Doctors, I attached the below lab test, is for

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Question: Hello Doctors,

I attached the below lab test, is for my mother origin from Sudan her age is 53 year old weight is 78kg height is 165cm , blood pressure moderate (she don%E2%80%99t use hypertensive medicines) she get migraine around 4 times per month.

I want to know what is the suggested interpretation is this case.

I will be happy to answer any more information about the case.

Thank you,
Best Regards, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka (10 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!

I reviewed carefully her blood lipid profile report and would explain that her cholesterol levels are borderline.

You should know that the main indicators of dyslipidemia are Total cholesterol /HDL ratio and LDL/HDL ratio.

Based on her report these ratios are : Total cholesterol/HDL ratio is 3.9, while LDL/HDL ratio is 3.1 (normal values are Total cholesterol/HDL below 4.5 and LDL/HDL below 3.5).

For this reason, I don't think that there is any need for statins or any other medications regarding her blood lipid profile.

Anyway, I would recommend trying to reduce fat and sugar intake in her diet, increase food rich in omega 3 fatty acids (nuts, walnuts, fish oil, olive oil, etc.) and trying aerobics which can help reduce LDL values naturally.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!

Kind regards,

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist