Hello Doctors, I attached the below lab test, is for
I attached the below lab test, is for my mother origin from Sudan her age is 53 year old weight is 78kg height is 165cm , blood pressure moderate (she don%E2%80%99t use hypertensive medicines) she get migraine around 4 times per month.
I want to know what is the suggested interpretation is this case.
I will be happy to answer any more information about the case.
Best Regards, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I reviewed carefully her blood lipid profile report and would explain that her cholesterol levels are borderline.
You should know that the main indicators of dyslipidemia are Total cholesterol /HDL ratio and LDL/HDL ratio.
Based on her report these ratios are : Total cholesterol/HDL ratio is 3.9, while LDL/HDL ratio is 3.1 (normal values are Total cholesterol/HDL below 4.5 and LDL/HDL below 3.5).
For this reason, I don't think that there is any need for statins or any other medications regarding her blood lipid profile.
Anyway, I would recommend trying to reduce fat and sugar intake in her diet, increase food rich in omega 3 fatty acids (nuts, walnuts, fish oil, olive oil, etc.) and trying aerobics which can help reduce LDL values naturally.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?