Hello Doctor, This is regarding my 1 Year 3 Months
This is regarding my 1 Year 3 Months old son. He is suffering from high fever (~ 103.5) since last 3 days. His primary doctor said it could be because of viral and will get better on its own. However, in addition to this, she wanted to make sure that this is not related Urinary infection and used a catheter to get the urine sample. We are now worried that the nurse who was performing the procedure did forceful retraction. We are worried if it is Premature forcible foreskin retraction (PFFR) or if the protective membrane got damaged. Please refer to the attached pictures after the procedure was performed. My son is trying to reach out to the Penis since then and trying to pull it. I am not sure if he is having any pain due to this procedure as he is on Ibuprofen and acetaminophen for fever.
Request for your advice if it looks like PFFR or damage to Protective Membrane.
Thanks & Regards
It does not look like PFFR
It does not look like PFFR. It looks fine, but you should keep looking for signs that your son is in pain. If it gets worse, go to the ER.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Thanks for the advice.
As we are giving him acetaminophen and Ibuprofen, so we are unable to find if he is in pain as he slept without any waking up in last 3-4 hours. However, he is not drinking and eating much (Drinking and Eating 25-30%) of what he used to do usually. Also, he has not done any wet diaper since last 7-8 hours.
Please advice if this can be due to catheter procedure or if it is due to fever and he is dehydrating?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has