Hello Doctor, This is regarding my 1 Year 3 Months

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,

This is regarding my 1 Year 3 Months old son. He is suffering from high fever (~ 103.5) since last 3 days. His primary doctor said it could be because of viral and will get better on its own. However, in addition to this, she wanted to make sure that this is not related Urinary infection and used a catheter to get the urine sample. We are now worried that the nurse who was performing the procedure did forceful retraction. We are worried if it is Premature forcible foreskin retraction (PFFR) or if the protective membrane got damaged. Please refer to the attached pictures after the procedure was performed. My son is trying to reach out to the Penis since then and trying to pull it. I am not sure if he is having any pain due to this procedure as he is on Ibuprofen and acetaminophen for fever.
Request for your advice if it looks like PFFR or damage to Protective Membrane.

Thanks & Regards
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It does not look like PFFR

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ashishsharma,

It does not look like PFFR. It looks fine, but you should keep looking for signs that your son is in pain. If it gets worse, go to the ER.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 3 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for the advice.
As we are giving him acetaminophen and Ibuprofen, so we are unable to find if he is in pain as he slept without any waking up in last 3-4 hours. However, he is not drinking and eating much (Drinking and Eating 25-30%) of what he used to do usually. Also, he has not done any wet diaper since last 7-8 hours.
Please advice if this can be due to catheter procedure or if it is due to fever and he is dehydrating?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
If he has a fever you should see a doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

You are making very astute observations. If he does not have a wet diaper in 24 hours or if he has a fever, you should see a doctor or go to the pediatric ER.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng