Hello Doctor, This is regarding a pain I am observing

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,

This is regarding a pain I am observing around my right eyebrow. Please refer to the picture attached. It started around 1 month back when I was travelling by flight. It started as a very sharp, unbearable pain during the flight. I was feeling like my vein is about to explode. It stayed for around 1 week and then started reducing. However, it is now coming back every few days, not so sharp and unbearable though but still little painful. It occurs only between the 2 fingers I showed in the attached picture.
I traveled through flight previously as well but never got such pain. I was just having little throat infection before taking the flight that day.
I am worried as I have to again take a flight in next 4-5 days.
Request for your advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hii. Consult an ENT surgeon.Do a nasal endoscopy and X ray PNS. Start fluti

Detailed Answer:
Hii. Consult an ENT surgeon.Do a nasal endoscopy and X ray PNS. Start fluticasone nasal spray and steam inhalation.Its looks like a neurogenic pain and may be related to allergic rhinitis. Consult an Eye surgeon and neurology also. We have to rule out migraine.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana