question-icon

Hello Doctor, Our daughter is 3 months old baby. For

Posted on Tue, 26 Mar 2019
Question: Hello Doctor, Our daughter is 3 months old baby. For last 2 weeks, we are seeing dandruff like flakes on her scalp. If we try to remove it, the hairs are also coming out. Please suggest any lotion /shampoo for it. Please find attached pictures of it.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Seborrheic dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the image and gone through the query.

She has seborrheic dermatitis. It is characterized by yellowish, greasy, adherent scale of the scalp. It is quite common in infants and is self limiting. I suggest you to use a cetrimide based shampoo e.g cetrilak mild shampoo (5%). In addition I suggest you to apply a mild topical steroid lotion e.g desonide 0.05% lotion (desowen lotion), twice daily on the affected scalp.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist