Hello Doctor, One of my cousin went for an alliance

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Doctor,

One of my cousin went for an alliance visit and found that bride's father aged 54 was infected with polio.

Questions -

1) If my cousin (bridegroom) marries this bride, would that cause any problems in the future for the baby they have?

2) Is Polio genetically inherited ?

3) Is Polio a communicable disease from one human to another due to touch or contact of the germs in air?

Srikanth.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answered your questions

Detailed Answer:

I shall answer your questions one by one.,

------Not at al

2) Is Polio genetically inherited ?

----- No polio is an infection and is not inherited.

-------- Polio spreads through stools in the infective stage. Now the person is not in the infective stage. He might have paralysis due to the infection he might have got it in his childhood.

By no way he can transmit the infection to any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T