Hello Doctor, On 28th XXXXXXX 2019, my wife visited a
On 28th XXXXXXX 2019, my wife visited a Female Doctor [ Dr.Shobha]
and confirmed that she has been conceived since last December '18 . Although she also told that she took some regestrone tablets for some 12-15 days [everyday]to postpone her periods in month of Feb 2019 due to the scheduled travelling to North XXXXXXX
Therefore, I wanted to know ,what are the side-effects[any abnormalties/ complications] on baby and mother that we will face in near future, once she is ready as pregnant and also post delivery, considering the consumption of regestrone tablets taken in month of December' 18& XXXXXXX ' 19 . ??
Need your response at the earliest .
It may affect your female foetus.
Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and understand your concern.
As in your case regesterone was not taken in high doses it will not affect your baby.
But in female foetus chances of masculanization ( male hair growth in female foetus in 45days of foetal development) is there.
So in your case you must go for second level ultrasound to rule out the possibility of masculization in female foetus.
Otherwise it will not affect your baby.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
However, I do still have more questions to ask.
1. Since this tablets are taken by my wife for 10-15days., so do we have any anti suppressants which will neutralise or nullify This tablet's activity in the body.
2. Performing 2nd level. Of ultrasound,if opted, will that help in a healthy delivery of baby and as well as for mother as well? Will all. Those complications get ruled out if we opt for 2nd level of ultrasound.
3. Since its confirmed that she is pregnant now, do u recommend us to travel in flight in the month of Feb.
Yes,she can travel.
Thanks for the information.
There is as such no counter medicine for the same.
Yes,second level ultrasound give the detailed information about the baby and you can deliver a healthy baby( with out any abnormalities) after it.
You can go for marker test along with second level ultrasound for foetal well being.
Yes she can travel with flight if everything is normal in her report.
Hope found useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest remedy for severe perimenopausal symptoms
- What does this ultrasound report of uterus indicate?
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex despite having depo shot...
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex during safe period?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through non penetrative sex?
- What does my CUE test report indicate?
- When will menstruation resume post intake of Regesterone?
- What causes burning sensation and tightness in vagina during intercourse?
- Is Creon safe to take during pregnancy?
- Is Meprate the right medicine for late period?