Hello Doctor, My wife is currently 13 weeks and 3

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Doctor, My wife is currently 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. However, the scan reports mentioned that the baby is 6.72 cms, corresponding to 13 weeks days. Also, it says that the afi is just adequate. The doctor was not happy with the report and suggested a triple marker test in days from now. Is this a cause of major concern, please advise. Thanks, Naveen
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 0 minute later
Hello Doctor, My wife is currently 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. However, the scan reports mentioned that the baby is 6.72 cms, corresponding to 13 weeks days. Also, it says that the afi is just adequate. The doctor was not happy with the report and suggested a triple marker test in days from now. Is this a cause of major concern, please advise. Thanks, Naveen
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 2 minutes later
Just to add on to the above concern, the heart beat is 149 bpm and nuchal transparency is 1.7 mm and the placenta is low. cervix length is 39mm. thanks, Naveen
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal NT

Detailed Answer:
HI,

The Nuchal Thickness should be less than 2.8mm by 13 weeks . 1.7 mm is normal and I do not see an indication to get the triple marker test done.

Well, its always good to rule out chromosomal diseases by getting the tests done.

There is no major concern here.

There is no need to worry.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Normal NT

Detailed Answer:
HI,

There is no major concern here.

There is no need to worry.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Dear Doc, Thank you! The doctor said that "AFI just adequate" is bad report. Also, foetus size of 6.72 cm corresponding to 13 weeks and 0 days when the actual gestational age is 13 weeks and 3 days is not good. I hope the foetus is not affected. please advise. thanks,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 3 minutes later
Hello Doctor, I have also attached a scanned copy of the report and underlined doctor's concerns. please advise.
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal

Detailed Answer:

The AFI should be adequate. Not less n not more.

Rest of the fetal parameters are fine.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Normal

Detailed Answer:

Rest of the fetal parameters are fine.