Hello Doctor, My wife has following symptoms in her eyes
My wife has following symptoms in her eyes from almost 1.2 years :
- Redness in eyes
- Blurred vision
- Sometimes sensitivity to bright light
Doctor initially told she has dry eyes and could be from some infection. He have her azithromycin and looks like Redness issue got resolved by 80% after that. However, the blurred vision still exists. She is not getting blurred vision all the time but most of the time and it looks like it increased little bit though the redness decreased. Doctor said she could be having Thygeson's superficial punctuate keratopathy.
I am worried if this can lead to blindness. Doctor said the symptoms can disappear on its in sometime and can reappear after months or years. He checked her eye power and looks like the number of her glass has not changed.
My only worry as of now is if this can further worsen and lead to blindness. Request for your advice.
Thanks & Regards,
The prognosis of TSPK is excellent and does not cause blindness
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Your concern is right regarding her visual problem but the prognosis of TSPK is excellent, though the disease has a course of having recurrence and may not be completely cured but very unlikely to cause blindness.
In facts it's an uncommon disease of the eyes.Yes it cause decrease in vision along with photophobia ( pain with bright light ) , redness and dry eyes.
As it only involves the superficial layer of cornea , it's very unlikely to cause blindness and the prognosis is excellent .
However disease may have flares of symtoms causing all these symptoms on and off after years or even more.Hence it effects quality of life .
The tretment depends on severity , artifical tears, steroids drops are primary options of treatment.
Hope I have answered your question. I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Mahboob ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol