Hello Doctor, Mr XXXXXXX was haging history of Hemolytic anaemia
Mr XXXXXXX was haging history of Hemolytic anaemia & was admitted & treated in August 2017. recently he was advised to conduct medical check-up where reports are almost normal except ANA report which is low positive.
currently he is not under any medication.
request you guide on following
what is meanding of low postive ANA report - is it normal or abnormal
what are consiquences of this positive report ?
Does he require any treament ?
what shall be prognosis of hemolytic anemia ?
what are chances of recurrence of hemolytic anemia
Autoimmune diseases will test positive for ANAs
I have gone through your reports
Antinuclear antibodies (ANAs) are a type of autoantibody that attacks proteins inside your cells.
People with some autoimmune diseases will test positive for ANAs.
A low positive ANA result may mean that you have an autoimmune disease such as lupus.
Its a disease that damages joints, skin and other organs
The ANA test sometimes can be falsely positive
So u need further tests to confirm such as anti centromere, anti double stranded DNA and antihistone to rule out any autoimmune disease
Prognosis of hemolytic anemia is good
Death as a result of hemolytic anemia is rare
Chances of recurrence of hemolytic anemia is 30.8%
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can a continuous feeling of a lump in the throat of a singer be...
- I have a lot of throat phlegm which causes me
- My husband (age 76) has had lung cancer since 2011.
- Hi, I am having distressing symptoms. A tickly cough that
- My daughter has a hypoechoic vascular ovoid nodule in her
- 69/F. I have undergone right breast lumpectomy in 1991. Does
- I was just told I have Severe Degenerative Disc Disease
- Hi doctor I hope you are doing well , my
- Thank you. Our son was diagnosed with ktw at an
- After I eat I have bowel movements immediately. It seems