Hello Doctor , I'm 30 year old male. I have

Question
Hello Doctor ,
I'm 30 year old male. I have been facing an issue of soft erections. When I tried having sex with my fiance in 2 instances, I could not penetrate. Also I tend to ejaculate early within a minute when on arousal.
Kindly suggest if Shilajit is a good way to go for the treatment and how much time will it take .
I'm getting married in Feb and this is worrying me

Thanks
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may need other supplements and ED treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be early signs of erectile dysfunction however seems more likely to be anxiety related. Other factors like micronutrients deficiencies should also be worked up and replacements can be started for zinc, calcium, D3, vitamin E and B complex as their deficiencies can also cause such symptoms. Also try to get a consultation with a urologist and try baseline work up like hormonal profile if symptoms persist.

You may also need to be put on some anti anxiety medications which can help you to focus and to avoid you to be carried away with too many thoughts. A motivational psychologists sessions and to induce more foreplay to increase the pleasure time for both you and your partner and to over power the performance anxiety is an option.

If the symptoms still persist erection enhancing drugs like sildenafil may also be needed. The role of salajit is still not proven scientifically however taking healthy diets with low sugars and good amount of balanced sections of diet with slightly higher protein part can be of help. Also get sugar levels and thyroid levels checked if symptoms persist.

Wishing you a happy sexual life ahead. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards

Follow-up: Hello Doctor , I'm 30 year old male. I have 10 hours later
Doctor I do regular exercises and otherwise my erection is hard. It's just that while I'm with my fiance , it becomes soft and ejaculation happens fast.
also If I take sildenfil, what should be the dosage ?

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to performance anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Like we had discussed earlier it can be most likely due to performance anxiety and it can be relieved with anxiolytics. Though using supplements are of not any harm as these are mostly water soluble and in therapeutic doses it's less likely to cause toxicity. Dosing is usually starting from 25mg and upto 100mg but should only be used after careful examination by a urologist and after ruling out contraindications as it can have potentialy fatal side effects. Regards