Hello, Doctor I was in touch with you regarding my

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 25 Dec 2018 in General Health
Question: Hello,

Doctor I was in touch with you regarding my health conditions last year. I am having abdominal pain in the right side. I did HIDA scan on May 2017 and my Ejection fraction was 46%. I do feel the pain as its always there. Sometimes mild and sometimes it heavy. Also depends on the food I eat.
You have advised to take ursodeoxycholic acid to get relief. I have discussed that with my GI doctor, he said I do not have any Gall stones, so no need to give and told me my condition is called Biliary Dyskensia.
Can you please advise what I need to do to get relief. I dont want to go with surgery as there is uncertainty if that will resolve my pain. Can this biliary dyskenesia change to gallstone? what to do I am scared because some say if Ejecttion fraction is less than 35% you need surgery else it is fine. I remember you also said that once that it is normal. Is it possible gall bladder has gone bad, because I have been trying to eat since then. I hate my life now, dont know what to do. Then how to get relief permanently, please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Anupriya
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Biliary dyskinesia is probably the cause of your pain and considering that it affects your quality of life significantly, I think you should consider surgery. This is done laparoscopically today and is a routine procedure. So this would be adequate option.
Medical treatment of dyskinesia is based on ursodeoxcolic acid, diet, spasmodics and antiacid medicines but this is not permanent solution. ALso, biliary dyskinesia,is a risk factor for galbladder stone development so you will probably have stone in future: Consequently, removal of gallbladder would prevent this. there are no other options to treat dyskinesia unfortunately.
Other possible causes of pain include pleurodinia, right kidney stones and liver inflamation but all tis can be ruled out by CT scan and laboratory markers.

Feel free to ask further questions.
WIsh you good health. Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T