Hello Doctor, I was curious, can sudden acid reflux indicate
I was curious, can sudden acid reflux indicate a serious problem or is it normal to happen as an isolated event?
I was literally sitting at my desk, belched, and felt gastric contents come into my throat/back of mouth. I drank and began to eat something (to wash the taste away) and its being very stubborn to go away. I find that if I cough hard, I can faintly feel it.
Is this something to be concerned about?
No need to panic.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully through your query,
A single episode of acid reflux has nothing to be worried about. A large spicy meal or lying down just after having that meal may cause it.
Certain foods such as citrus, tomato, chocolate, mint, garlic, onions, or spicy or fatty foods may cause acid reflux. Secondly drinking certain beverages, such as alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, or tea, may cause it.
Don't worry take over the counter antacid omeprazole 40mg once for 3 days.
The metallic taste would go away in a day or two.
Avoid oily spicy and fatty food.
No alcohol or smoking.
Drink a glass of chilled milk in morning.
Have antacids for few days.
As of now no need to worry.
Hope i was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?