Hello Doctor, I want to understand my STD & Hiv

Posted on Sun, 27 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Hello Doctor, I want to understand my STD & Hiv status from below two incidents.
1. Few days back, I went to a massage parlour and received a hand job from the female therapist. It was protected, i.e, I used a condom to protect my penis throughout the act. I also checked the condom after use, and did not find any hole or tear. Would like to know if there is a risk of any STD or STI from this? My major worry is Herpes, HPV and other STI which transmit from skin to skin contact. Should I get tested for anything? Would a condom which I used for protection have helped me in this case? One more worry is that the therapist may have touched my anus from outside very briefly while massaging - would this be a cause of concern? There was no oral, anal or genital touching otherwise and the therapist was fully clothed. As far as I know, Hiv should not be a concern, but do you agree on the same?
2. Last year I had an exposure with a female csw during which condom broke. I tested for Hsv -1 & 2 along with other Std panel at 1 and 3 months from the exposure. It came out negative. Also tested for Hiv, with duo test @ 1, 3 & 6 months, all negative. I am not sure whether i tested for herpes and other stds at the correct window periods. Dont want to take any chances because I'll be marrying soon. Does a co-infection delay hiv seroconversion beyond 6 months? I was happy to know my 6 month hiv duo negative result, but just few days back I read in a forum about a couple who had hsv 2 & hpv, and turned positive after 1 year of testing. Their doctor mentioned delay in seroconversion due to co-infection. This really scared me,and I started worring again. Thus, I want to be sure whether I took all the std, herpes & hiv tests at the correct window periods.
Sorry for the long list of questions. Seeking your reply so that I stop focusing on these concerns.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV. STDs are unlikely through hand job

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Hand job is the safest type of sexual activity. Protection not necessary. But you had protected hand job.
Herpes and other STDs are unlikely to be transmitted through hand job.
So you need not worry at all. There is no possibility of HIV for you as your HIV DUO test was negative even after 6 months of your previous exposure.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Thank you doctor! Just to clarify, the exposure i had last year in which condom broke was vaginal intercourse. Does that change your comment on my 6 month hiv negative result and 3 month negative result for Herpes & other Stds?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Broken condoms have negligible risk only.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
First of all, your sex partner would not have either STD or HIV.
Your test reports are conclusive. It needs no reconsideration. Even without protection also people remain uninfected after years of contact and called as discordant couple.So the risk of HIV and STD transmission through broken condom is low only.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 11 hours later
Thank you doctor for answering my queries! What I gather from it is that I am free from all Stds and Hiv from these two incidents and that I can have unprotected sex with my future partner without any worry. Just for your information, my second incident was with a female sex worker and not a sex partner. I'm not married yet. Will stay away from this as I have enough information now. Thank you once again for your patience and help.
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV and STD.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I can understand your situation. You are free from HIV and STD. You can very well get married and can have sex with your future wife without any protection. Nothing will happen adverse. Have a nice time.
Dr S Murugan.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist