Hello Doctor I have got white patches on my jaw/neck
I have got white patches on my jaw/neck about 6 months ago.
I consulted a dermatologist and she diagnosed that I have got "vitiligo".
She prescribed tropic application of following for 1-2 months
1. Mometasone Furoate Cream IP
2. Tacrolimus Ointment 0.1% W/W
3. Deca Peptide solution (Melbild)
After applying them for about 6 weeks the patches vanished.
Since last 2 weeks the patches started appearing again on different areas of my jaw/neck.
I would like to know what are the causes of vitiligo as No body else in my family have/had this disease.
I am a teetotaler, I dont have any health issues like thyroid/diabetes. I could forward my health check up reports if you would like to have a look.
Could you please prescribe better medications ?
Hii.The causes of vitiligo are 1.an autoimmune disorder, in which the immun
Hii.The causes of vitiligo are
1.an autoimmune disorder, in which the immune system becomes overactive and destroys the melanocytes
2.a genetic oxidative stress imbalance
a stressful event
3. harm to the skin due to a critical sunburn or cut
4. exposure to some chemicals
5. a neural cause
6.heredity, as it may run in families.
It may reappear at any time during life. There is no permanent cure and it may be appear again.
The drugs your physician has given are perfectly all right.
There are many new therapies:
UVA light phototherapy,UVB light phototherapy, depigmentation,skin graft,tattooing,psoralen.
Kindly send your reports and review if any queries.
Hii. Reports are almost normal. Blood sugar is borderline. Restrict sugar i
Hii. Reports are almost normal. Blood sugar is borderline. Restrict sugar in food. Start moderate exercise. Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D values are less. Start Vitamin D Rocalcitriol capsule and Tab vitamin B 12 Matilda forte.LDL cholesterol is slight high. Avoid spicy food.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it normal to have seapage from a nose packing
- I am having pain my left ear from last couple
- My wife has been reporting head ache for past few
- I want an answer from Specialist too. ________________________________ I...
- Hi, Recently, I have joined swimming classes and this very
- Hello - I am 33 years old male and my
- My 18 year old daughter drank XXXXXXX floor cleaner yesterday
- The skin inside my ears before inner ear is suddenly
- sir.. , my brother have some breathing difficulties recently.. he
- Ok, please do not review the other opinion. I’m a