Hello Doctor, I am a 40 year old lady, generally

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 1 Mar 2019 in Lump
Question: Hello Doctor,
I am a 40 year old lady, generally healthy and have had no complications at all. About 4 days back i had a bout of an upset tummy(semi-solid stools passed), no cramping and felt a bit sick. I just let it be for the night and the next day i felt better. With the risk of having limited knowledge in the field of medicine, i believed it to have been a PMS symptom(My LMP was on the 14th of January). The next day late evening i had a feeling of incomplete urination as in, the volume of urine was normal, no pain whatsoever, but just that feeling of incompleteness after i peed! I then woke up the next morning and felt the same throughout the day. I must say i drink about 2.4L of water in a day and every rationed mugfull is quite back to back. I have to pee almost every hour on an average or 90 mins XXXXXXX It has been about 8 times ever since 4.30am this morning(it is now 2.47pm). Is this normal doc? I have no pain at all again. No burning sensation as well. I am just very anxious and nervous seeing this change. Could you help me please?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 2 days later
Brief Answer:
It all sounds natural

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the elaborate history. From what I read, you are perfectly healthy. The relatively high frequency of urination is probably the natural response to the quantify of fluid you drank. If you do not feel any discomfort, you need not do anything. If you are worried about the voiding capacity of your bladder, you can have residual volumes measured after voiding, possibly at your own doctor's. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana