Hello Doctor, I am 32 year old. 6 weeks back,

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello Doctor,
I am 32 year old. 6 weeks back, I had a fever that lasted for 4-5 days, followed by rashes, and extreme body/leg pains. The fever and rashes have come down, but the pains in my joints (legs, feet/ankle, wrists, fingers) is continuing even after six weeks. The pains are higher after rest, in the mornings, and after sitting for long. They are significantly higher, necessitating me to hold on from walking moving for a few minutes, till the pain gets more manageable. I am not using any medicines at this point, but I am beginning to panic if it will take longer for them to go off, and for me to return to my normal state.
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's possible that this is viral arthritis

Detailed Answer:
hi
there is a possibility that this is a viral arthritis, if the pains are continuing for more than 6 weeks, I suggest that get yourself checked for arthritis and you may need to be put on medicine for the same, also supplement for calcium and vitamin d may b required.
regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy