Hello Doctor, I am 27,Female. My Father is having Hemophilia(blood
I am 27,Female.
My Father is having Hemophilia(blood disorder) and my husband's nephew(sister's son) is having ADHD.
I understand that if I give birth to a son, chances for him to Hemophilia are there, but for a girl it wont.
Can you tell me about ADHD, what are the chances, what are the precautions to be taken if we are planning for a baby.
To my knowledge, No one has this ADHD in his family, My husband is having anger issues and he and his sister are extremely sensitive, also, During her first delivery, baby dies due to folic acid deficiency.
also, please tell me about ADHD, is it curable, He is 10Y still not able to speak completely and hyper active, curretly undergoing Speech therapy.
Pre Pregnancy precautions.
I welcome you to Ask A Doctor service.
I have understood your concern and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.
First of all do not panic.
What you are saying is absolutely right.
Only if you give birth to son , blood coagulation factor disorder may get transferred to your son.
But that is not a reason to panic at present.
Many treatment options are available now a days for this kind of disorders.
Secondly, ADHD, has a very complex genetic contribution, that is not yet so clear to medical science even after a lot of research.
I will suggest you to follow the following instructions before you plan to get pregnant.
Please opt for a healthy, natural diet and regular exercise regimen.
Include more portions of fruits and vegetables and salads in daily diet.
Drink plenty of clean water in the day.
Avoid refined sugars and deep fried foods and bakery products in the diet.
Please take Iron, Calcium, protein and vitamin B 12 and Folic acid supplementation on regular basis.
This helps to prevent various complications during conception, pregnancy and childbirth.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to communicate with me again.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does my follicular study report indicate?
- What is the ideal time frame for taking emergency contraceptive pills?
- Is Meprate safe while planning for pregnancy?
- What causes throbbing abdominal pain after tampon insertion?
- Can Levonelle cause nausea, dizziness and abdominal pain?
- What is the possible weight of a 9 cm ovarian tumour?
- What does this thyroid test report indicate?
- What is Lupride injection prescribed for?
- What causes vaginal bleeding during ovulation?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and irregular menstruation