Hello Doctor, For almost a year I am having this
possible neurologic disturbances at internal urethral valve.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* As per the duration of persistent symptoms of urinary complain and normal CT scan
with urethra evaluation, associated neuropathy assessed by the neurologist suggest
the condition to be most likely from the problem at internal urethral valve via nerve
Kindly provide me further details to proceed more precisely.
1. Any report as Urethrography has been done by urologist ?
2. Do you get normal semen amount with proper flow during ejaculation ?
3. Any problem in getting erection ?
Awaiting for your response.
uroflowmetry test assess capacity of internal urethral valve.
Thanks for the details.
* The urethra passage is normal by evaluation, but the assessment of capacity of
internal urethral valve requires uroflowmetry test.
- Uroflowmetry test evaluate the contractility of the urinary bladder muscle, internal
urethral valve and other neurology evaluation in reference to the urinary system.
- So far as cure is concerned, once the root cause is identified one can definitely figure
out the percentage chances of total recovery.
Hope this information will help you further.
MRI and neurophysician consultation to proceed from this point.
* When the uroflowmetry report is showing normal report means that the cause of
urinary incontinence is via nerves which are controlling the bladder and urethra ( as
in the spinal cord level ).
* Complete neurology work up with neurophysician and MRI lower lumbar sacral region
will be of utmost importance from this stage onward.
It`s a gentle suggestion to remain panic free as the situation is nasty but it will be cured once the definite cause is identified.
Would like to discuss further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools