Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Hello Doc I am 47 years old male, regularly consuming

Mar 2017
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1449 Questions
Hello Doc
I am 47 years old male, regularly consuming alcohol and also smoke.
Was feeling little pain off and on on right side of abdomen under ribs, jus got my blood tests done. Liver tests shows higher SGPT -64, GGT-125. KIdney test shows Urea-9.00, Creatinine-0.58. Further Lipid profile shows Total Cholesterol-241, Triglycerides-204, LDL-142 and VLDL- 40. Rest test shows all under normal levels.
Kindly suggest how to proceed and are lower levels of creatinine and urea are Ok?
Have been taking S-Adenosyl Methoinine tablets 400gms since a week.

Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:

Aftergoing through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that neither smoking nor drinking is good for health as both damages the normal functionality of our system.

Your problem is because of your drinking habit. So obviously you have to cut down the alcohol intake as well as reduce the number of cigarettes you use and slowly taper them off completely.

Daily or frequent alcohol consumption directly destroy the liver cells and in long term can also cause cirrhosis. The good thing about liver is that it has the ability to regenerate if we stop damaging it and slowly the function will improve back.

Your abnormal test results are the result of the liver injury. It's advisable to personally consult a Gastroenterologist for detailed evaluation and proper advice.

There is no problem with low levels of creatinine.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor