Hello, Are there any negative effects of drinking apple cider
It's generally ok if no more than 30 ml/day. Here are risks:
Hello and welcome,
ACV is generally safe when diluted, but there are some risks to drinking it daily.
Since it's a mild acid, it can eat away at the enamel on teeth, cause irritation/burning in the throat, and stomach upset.
With long term use, decreased potassium levels and bone thinning have been reported. In one case study, a young woman (in her 20s) drank 8 oz of ACV once a day for 6 years and was found to have osteoporosis and hypokalemia (low potassium).
It can also be a problem if you are taking certain medications, or if you have a history of delayed stomach emptying (gastroparesis).
Some guidelines are to limit your intake to no more than 2 tablespoons/day and rinse your mouth and throat after drinking it.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis