Hello! A little over a week ago I was intimate
Yes, it is possible
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. If your partner had any active STD infections in the mouth or throat, it would be possible for him to transmit those infections to you. This would include chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HPV, and HIV. The risk is lower than with intercourse, and with HIV it is considered to be very low, but it would still be possible. With the symptoms of itchiness, you may be developing a herpes outbreak, which, if it is, will be followed by blisters which break open and form painful ulcers.
If you received oral sex without a condom on, and you have any reason to believe your partner may have any STDs, I would suggest getting checked, and especially if you do end up getting blisters, to get treated for herpes.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about that, I would be glad to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining