Hello, 5 days ago, I slipped on an icy step,
Probably you should do an X-ray to confirm the diagnosis.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
I would recommend to do an x ray to exclude the possibility of a broken rib.
X-rays are also useful in diagnosing lung issues.
Meanwhile, I recommend to continue using anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three tablets a day.
I also recommend to maintain the area immobilised to avoid further damage.
You should recover in a few weeks.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?