question-icon

Hello- just got blood test results back that scare me

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2019
Question: Hello- just got blood test results back that scare me and I have yet to meet with the doctor. The reticulocyte counts were too low . Yet all the blood cell counts wbc rbc iron b12 everything else was normal! What could this mean ?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Hello. I will consider it as normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have seen the reports. So as all other labs are normal, this single low value of retic count should be treated as non significant. Rericulocytes represents pre form of red cells and production may vary from different time in a day.
You can get it repeated after r a couple of days and iam sure it will come out normal.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist