Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Height is 6 feet and weight is around 52 to 55Kg. Suggest the diet plan?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1550 Questions
My Height is 6Ft and Weight around 52-55Kg.
So suggest me with dieting with minimal cost and any other auggestion.
For the Medical History, I have not consulted any doctor.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to gain weight

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

For the height of 6ft and weight of 52-55 kg, the BMI comes to be around 16. This is a lower than normal BMI. It means that you are underweight and you need to make some changes in your lifestyle to gain the extra kilos.

My suggestion will be as follows:

- Take at least 3 proper meals and 3 - 4 snacks in a day.
- Include high calorie foods in your diet. High calorie foods can include milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, cream, ice cream, etc in every meal.
- Can also try nutritional supplements like proteinex or ensure. These products are meant to be taken along with your diet and are not meant to replace it.
- Take multivitamins
- Get blood tested for common nutritional deficiencies like iron, calcium, vitamin D, Folic acid, Vitamin B12 etc. Also get tested for other routine tests like blood sugar, lipid profile, liver function tests, etc.
- Take atleast half a cup of dry fruits every day
- Take atleast 2 glasses of milk in a day
- Take fruits or vegetables upto 5 times a day.
- Exercise for atleast 20 min a day. Exercise can include gym, walk, yoga, swimming, cycling etc. Take a snack before going for exercise. Do not overexert at any exercise
- Take hygienic home cooked food and pure drinking water.
- If you take rotis in meals, then increase the quantity.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor