Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Heavily damaged my lips. Which specialist should I consult for cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12734 Questions
HI- I used to be an incessant lip picker! I did this for more years than I care to tell you. Well I am 61 years old now and tho' I no longer pick my lip I now have two pieces of my lip, on the inside of my lip that hang and are whitish in color. When I talk, they are noticeable and tho' people have not questioned my about I know they see it and when they watch me talk they seem to have trouble understanding me sometimes, probably because they are looking at my mouth. Is there anything I can do. What specialty would I see for this?
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
The damage that you have done to your lips needs a surgery for repair. You need to consult a plastic surgeon for the appropriate treatment.
After the surgical repair, speech therapy may be needed for a few days depending on the extent of problem that you have.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor