Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Heartbeat is varying from normal. Advised to take ECG and Echo test. What else should I do to control the variant heart beat?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1306 Questions
Today Blood camp is going on our dept i went to the camp for donating blood before that general checkup done by a doctor and informed your heartbeat is varying with normal one just check with doctor and take the Echo and ECG test and consult with Cardiologist. If any think prooblem to me based on doctor information. Could you suggest what else i need to do to control the variant heartbeat functionallity. And also my weight is now 94kg.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
please see below

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. To ascertain work-up as well as further management we must know the exact rhythm of heart responsible for this variable heart rate. Many a times there are simple pre-mature contractions responsible for same and are benign.
2. The initial work-up which has been suggested is correct. We need to get an ECG and a cardiologist consultation. ECHO may be done only if he thinks it is required.
3. If you ever had a blackout, loss of consciousness or unexplained fall, it is important to see cardiologist on priority. As this may suggest important heart rhythm disorder.
4. Your weight should be as per your height. A body mass index of <25 is desirable. Body mass index is calculated by dividing weight in Kg by square of height in meters. Hope this helps. Feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor