Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

174 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Heart surgery done. Having high blood pressure and increased sweating. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 356 Questions
my father aged 70 yrs did suffer from health problem just few days back.His past health history: 1.Had open heart surgery in year 2002. 2.Often he suffers from gastric problems.3. medications he uses daily:atorva 10 mg,repace 50 mg, cardivas 3.125mg,ecosprin 150mg. These were the symptoms he suffered from:
1. Increased sweating 2. increased blood pressure 3. left leg was not functioning properly.
so he laid on the bed for sometime then after for around 2-5 minutes he was normal.But we took him to the nearest hospital where he was tested with ECG which was normal. But his Blood Pressure had increased to 180 systolic pressure.The Doctors did not point out any major problem only they gave medication:PAN 40 for gastric. Sir I do not know the real cause for this type of situation so please suggest?
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aslam Lalani 1 hour later

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

It is my pleasure to answer your query.

Your father has undergone open heart surgery almost 10 years back. Now he got problem in form of sweating and change in blood pressure. With an age of 70 years and background history of open heart surgery, above problem should be evaluated further. There is a possibility of re-blockage of graft which may cause above symptoms. ECG may be normal in many patients who has heart problem.
So I would suggest consulting your cardiologist and doing more tests like 2D Echo and stress test if possible. Your father's blood pressure should be monitored closely. If it remains at a higher side, then his BP medicine should be modified in consultation with cardiologist.

Till you consult your cardiologist please do the following.

- Give medicines to your father at regular times.
- Do not allow him to do any strenuous physical activity (even strain at passing stool also should avoided).
- Do not allow him to walk after food.
- Give only light, easily digestible food.
- Restrict salt intake to < 4 grams per day.
- Keep Tablet Sorbitrate with him and ask to keep it under his tongue if he experiences the chest pain or chest heaviness. For the prescription, please consult with your cardiologist.

If you have any further queries feel free to ask me.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist