Heart patient with severe gastric problem. Is it safe to take avil 50 for penis infection?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: can a heart patient take avil 50 for infection in PENIS .HE HAS HAD A HEART ATTACK IN 1998 AND IN 2010.BOTH THE TIMES HE HAD STENTS.NOW HE IS SUFFERING FROM SEVERE GASTRIC PROBLEM AND HAS BARRETS.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 5 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Avil is chlorpheneramine – an antihistamine.
It does not help in infection.
Antihistamines have been known to cause arrhythmias
Better to avoid.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck

Follow up: Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Please advice us what he has to take to get rid of this infection.He is at present in Bangalore and if you advice which Doctor and Hospital he has to be referrred .He has bullying in the stomach which causes heaviness and severe gastric problems.We are worried and confused whether it is because of water or medicine?Since his second attack was a syptom of gastric problem.He visits XXXXXXX HRIDAYALAYA for his heart trouble and last year he was treated at VELLORE for his BARRETS.
Please give us your suggestions.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Heart symptoms are often mistaken for 'gastric' symptoms.
Since, he has both problems - the best solution will be to see the cardiologist first. XXXXXXX Hrudayalaya is one of the premier institutions in the country and he can approach them confidently - especially because, he had been there on previous occasion. He should take his previous records. (If not with him, it can be scanned and mailed to him)

It is multi-speciality hospital - most likely, they have specialists in gastroenterology also. They can have a look at the stomach and oesophagus.

Regarding the penis infection - the ideal person will be Urologist or Venereologist. Smear or blood tests may be needed... Antibiotic - local and/or Systemic - will be given depending on the nature and severity. Smear may have to be taken.

Appropriate treatment needs definite diagnosis. And diagnosis is feasible only on examination and/or investigation. All the 3 problems can be managed simultaneously under one roof - at the multi-speciality hospital..

All the best
Good luck