Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Headache, fever, muscle pains, thyroid, SLE, fatty liver, chronic fatigue syndrome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Dear Doctor,
Age :43 yrs, Ht: 5' 10", Wt: 83 Kgs
I am getting headache, low grade fever, fatigue after exercising - brisk walking 45mts 1-2 games of shuttle, take only lime juice+honey before exercising, late night work get 5-6 hours sleep, also have cold intolerance and muscle aches, takes 2days to recover after a day of exercising, got tests done fasting sugar 112, slightly higher bilirubin, fatty liver, small kidney stone diagnosed.
Unable to work, please help
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 27 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could provide me the blood test reports that you have recently got done.

Regarding these symptoms, a few possibilities are possible causes can be expected.

1)The first possibility is of thyroid disease like hypothyroidism. Symptoms of hypothyroidism are fatigue, depression, weight gain, cold intolerance, dry, coarse hair and skin, constipation, muscle cramps, decreased concentration, vague aches and pain. You need to get a TSH level and your thyroid profile done to rule out this condition.

2)     The second possibility is of any autoimmune disease like SLE. You may need to get blood tests like XXXXXXX (antinuclear antibody) panel done to rule it out.

3)     Third possibility is of fatty liver disease causing these symptoms. Common symptoms include difficulty in losing weight, bloating, nausea, loss of appetite, fatigue and fever.

4)     Last possibility is of chronic fatigue syndrome. It is characterized by widespread aches and pains, cognitive difficulties and chronic mental and physical exhaustion. There are no specific tests to confirm the diagnosis of CFS but various tests are done to rule out other possibilities.

Please provide me the details of the blood tests which you have taken, so that it can help in more clarification on your symptoms.

Hope this answers your query. Do get back with the lab reports so that we can help you in a better way. I am available for further follow ups.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Headache, fever, muscle pains, thyroid, SLE, fatty liver, chronic fatigue syndrome 25 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for the prompt response, how do i get the blood reports to you?
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 16 minutes later

You can send your reports to YYYY@YYYY , with Sub: ATTN ‘ Dr Jasvinder singh".

You can also mention the reports as a follow up answer to my response to your question on the site itself.

Take care and waiting for the rpeorts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Headache, fever, muscle pains, thyroid, SLE, fatty liver, chronic fatigue syndrome 2 days later
Report received at YYYY@YYYY .
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 16 hours later

Many thanks for sending across your reports to me. I have gone through them and most of them look good.

The important findings are :

1. Mildly raised LDL cholesterol and raised triglycerides.

2. Fatty Liver

For the above 2 problems, I'll suggest to avoid taking sweets and fried foods.
Simultaneously, you need to continue doing brisk walking for at least 45 minutes daily. These measures will help you in reducing the severity of the above mentioned problems. You should also consult a physician for the same if the LDL levels continue to rise then you may need to get drugs like Statins prescribed.

Regarding the small stone in the left kidney, you need to ensure that you drink plenty of fluids which helps in flushing out the stone. You should also drink a glass of water before going to bed as the maximum concentration of urine occurs at night and thus with the dilution of urine, the possibility of increase in the size of the present stone and the risk of formation of new stones is lessened.

You'll also need to consult a urologist for the same. I sincerely hope this helps. If you have any other queries, kindly do let me know.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor