Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Head injury, soft swelling, hard lump behind ear, headache, dilated pupil. Concerned

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 961 Questions
banged right side of head 10 days ago , got soft swelling also hard lump under swelling behind ear , perminant headaches , weird feeling side of face on right side also pupil was dilated for few days , pupil back to normal as same as left eye now , but concerned about swelling behind ear and headaches
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 26 minutes later
Dear friend,

Welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

The pupillary dilatation and weird feel of the right side of the face indicate some nervous injury. Likely a concussion (blunt injury).

It would help me to be more specific if you answer a few questions.

Was the right side of mouth weak/ deviating?
Was there drooling of saliva/ difficulty in speech?
Is there an imbalance on walking, ringing in the right ear, deafness?
Did you have any nausea, vomiting?
Did any clear fluid come out of the right ear?
Is the headache generalized or only behind the ears/ right side?
Is there any external wound?
Was a CT scan done after injury? Were you examined by a neurologist?

Headaches could be due to bony injury to the mastoid area (behind the ear) or may indicate a brain trauma.

You can take simple pain killers like acetaminophen till then.

Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor