Head injury, headache, blurred vision. What can be the disgnosis?
As expected, a headache may very well occur after an injury to the head, neck or brain. It is also quite common for other symptoms to occur after a head injury such as dizziness, insomnia, lack of concentration and more. The occurence of these conditions, including a headache, is known as the post-traumatic syndrome. A painful headache is usually the most overwhelming post-traumatic condition following a head injury. In most cases, the post-traumatic headache will closely resemble the symptoms of a tension headache.
In some cases, a typical Migraine with or without XXXXXXX may be triggered. Some headaches caused by head trauma, can be a sign of a more serious problem such as a haematoma (bleeding in the brain). A haematoma has been known to occur even on considerably minor head traumas.
Generally most cases of post traumatic headaches don't require any treatment except rest and pain killers.
You can wait and watch for another couple of days and if your condition doesn't improve or rather detieorates then you must go to hospital for necessary scan to rule out any fracture or hematoma.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Head injury small bruise blurred vision headaches cause of worry
- Post head injury headache
- Head injury headache treatment
- What is the remedy for headache after a head injury
- Head injury bleeding neck soreness dizziness blurred vision treatment
- Headache after head injury
- What causes blurred vision and headache after concussions
- What is the remedy for headache with blurred vision
- Head injury headache blurred vision what can be the disgnosis
- Head injury blurred vision headache