Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Head injury, did not lose consciousness. Should I be concerned about this and get it checked out?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 1750 Questions
I hit my head on the edge of the fireplace while standing up from the christmas tree. I have a dent in the corner of my head at the hairline. should I be concerned about this and get it checked out? I did not loose consciousness.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

It seems that you had a severe impact and the injury has caused a swelling and that feels like a dent. Most probably it is due to collection of blood in the subcutaneous tissue (the tissue just beneath the skin). It will take some time to become normal. If you do not having any other complaints, you need not worry. In case you have any complaints like increasing pain, headache nausea etc, please consult a doctor/surgeon at the earliest and get a check up

Hope you recover soon.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor