Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Head injury. Led to dizziness, fullness in ear, twitch in eyelid. Is it sinus? Take a CAT scan?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions
Im 33 female, very healthy. 5"4 inches and weigh 122. Surgery in August c-section, no complications.

I hit my head on my left side temple area in my parents home pretty hard. Did not loose conciousness or mental status. This was 8 days ago. Went to doctor, sent me home said I was fine. Im still fairly dizzy at times, with ear fullness and a slight twitch on my right eyelid. Never had this before. Doctor said probably sinus. Do I need a cat scan to make certain???? Im very very scared. As this is still going on. Thank you very much
Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. James M. Schwartz 28 minutes later

I am happy to help answer your question.

However, I need some further clarification. You say "still" dizzy. Does this mean you were also dizzy soon after the injury? If so, then you sustained a concussion, by definition. It sounds like it would be classified as a mild concussion. If this is the case, then it would not be unusual to have ongoing dizziness 8 days later. Your doctor's physical exam is most useful in deciding whether or not you need a CT scan. Dizziness alone would not be a reason for getting one. A slight twitch in the eyelid is often the result of stress, so I would not place too much stock in that symptom either.

Please feel free to follow up if necessary. If you are satisfied with the answer, please accept it.

Dr. Schwartz
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor